Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Freedom

I am quickly coming to realize that this bike represents not only a new kind of freedom, but a new way to interact with that freedom.

On occasion, I break out my skid-lid helmet. I know a lot of people say it sucks for protection. Fine. It's probably better than nothing and it lets me really interact with my surroundings. I can hear and feel the wind on my face. It's fantastic. Definitely colder than the full-face helmet, but more fun too.


This freedom is exactly what I was after when I bought the bike. So far I am loving it.

On a pullout on Lake Mary Road.

I have yet to do work on the brakes. Will get there, I'm sure. I hear one of the shops in town probably carries brake pads for this bike. 

Until then, I am learning what stopping distance I need and experimenting with what the bike can and cannot do comfortably. So far it is performing admirably.

No comments:

Post a Comment