Friday, April 26, 2013

Grand Canyon Ride

Took a ride out to the Grand Canyon on the 21st - my birthday!

My longest ride yet. About 4 hours total, just over 200 miles. Fairly chilly on the way out, but perfect coming back. There was a particularly good 20 mile section on 64 in the sandstone where it warmed up and I really enjoyed myself.



This is the closest I could get it to the edge of the canyon.



Bike performed great - no issues at all. I have since replaced the front brake pads, which are doing well. It may want a new chain though. I don't have any idea how old the current one is and it's got a fairly significant difference in tightness between two points. Discovered this while attempting to tighten the chain, which was probably just fine where it was. Oh well!
My research indicates that this is due to wear and that it probably wants a new one. Damn shame. Depending on how the sprockets look, I may replace those as well.

Post coming soon about the front brake job.

FREEDOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment