Saturday, March 23, 2013

Concern: brakes and whirrr

Spent about an hour and a half total today on the new bike. Getting used to it, seeing what works and what might need some TLC.

Right now I'm concentrated on the front brakes (stiff) and a weird whirring noise at speed, unrelated to braking. Pretty much anything above 1st gear. The Internet tells me it might just be a cable that wants some lube. Specifically, the speedo cable. I'm thinking I'll probably lube up all the cables I can get my hands on just to be safe.

Hopefully I can spend some time looking into it this weekend. Those front brakes definitely need something...

Also: Motorcycle insurance achieved for $15/month! Liability/injury only. On a bike worth only $1k, I'm not too worried about comprehensive coverage.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment