Thursday, May 16, 2013

Horn Change & Glove Upgrade

Found my horn (probably the original from 1981) was out of commission the other day. That simply will not do, so I dropped by my local motorcycle shop and snagged a generic $14 replacement until I can do proper research on a really badass horn.

Really quick replacement procedure.

1) take off the two electric leads (pliers helps)
2) take off single bolt

Had to drill out the hole on the new horn, which was originally too small. Bolt on the bike is 5/16 or something like that.


I'm really hoping for a big F**n airhorn. I've found some killer ones in the ~100db area for about $50. Should be fun once I get around to it.

Also upgraded my gloves recently. The pair I originally bought for $20 when I picked up the bike are not holding up well. New ones are leather with padding for the knuckles and carbon fiber accents, since I'm such a sucker for carbon fiber (really though, I am).

Chain and sprockets are still on the list, though I think I may have overestimated the damage in previous assessments. With a thorough cleaning and light lubrication last week, the chain seems to be performing much better. I think it just wants attention...

No comments:

Post a Comment